Medjool Date is one of my favorite dried fruit. These dates contain fiber, calcium, iron, and other nutrients. One date a day can be really beneficial, although over indulgence of anything is never good. Always include dried fruits (no sugar added) and nuts in your meals, but in moderation.
This recipe is an easy one and has a lot of nutritional and health benefits. One semi moon shaped roll can be a perfect morning treat on your way to work. Here is the recipe:
Medjool dates (21)
1/4 cup walnuts (semi crushed)
1/4 cup pistachios (semi crushed)
1 tablespoon of ghee (clarified butter)
1/4 cups of unsweetened dried shredded coconut
1 pinch of salt
1. Wash, pat dry with kitchen towel, and remove pits from all the dates.
2. Semi crush the nuts in the food processor. Roast them dry in a shallow pan.
3. Fully crush the dates in a food processor.
4. Heat up a pan, add ghee.
5. Add Medjool dates until heat softens them. Add a pinch of salt. Salt will bring out the sweetness of the dates better.
6. Now add all the crushed nuts. Mix the mixture well.
7. Cool the dates and nuts mixture completely. Form rolls.
8. In a plate add unsweetened dried shredded coconut, roll the rolls and press them a little bit. This will give them semi moon roll shape.
9. Put the rolls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Cut them neatly with a sharp knife.
10. Store them in an air-tight container and refrigerate them.