Whenever I have less time to prepare meals, I tend to whip up few of my easy stir fries and here is one of them.
Bunch of Asparagus (last hard section removed)
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
4 tablespoons of Island Soyaki sauce (Trader Joes brand)
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds (garnish)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Boiled Water (To blanch asparagus)
Ice + Chilled Water (Shock the blanched asparagus)
Thai Jasmine Rice (1/2 cup cooked)
1 tablespoon of Sweet or Spicy Chili Sauce (Optional)
1. Boil water
2. Blanch asparagus for 2 mins (until they turn bright green)
3. Transfer asparagus to cold water bath. This is called shocking method, it is intended to stop the cooking process of vegetables. So that they remain crunchy.
4. In a pan take all the sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Heat up the mixture. Add blanched and shocked asparagus.
5. Now cook them for 2-3 mins.
6. Serve with warm rice and spicy/sweet chili sauce.
7. Sprinkle sesame seeds on the asparagus.