Who doesn’t love bubble tea. Here is my attempt and it is very easy.
There are three versions of bubble tea: 1. Flavored Tea Powder based, 2. Fresh Fruit based, 3. Flavored Tea (No Milk) based.
In this post I will demonstrate 2nd and 3rd version and both tastes good. It is your preference.
Recipe 1: Fresh Fruit Based – Bubble Tea
2 Kiwi (Ripe, Sweet, Peeled)
Black Tapioca Pearls (Cooked, Large sized pearls from Asian Market)
2 tablespoon sugar / honey / agave nectar (depending on sweetness of the fruit)
1. Soak tapioca pearls in cold water for 3 hours and cook them in boiling water. Strain the pearls.
2. Juice the kiwi with sugar in your blender. Strain the juice with cheesecloth.
3. Serve tapioca pearls & fruit juice mixture with ice cubes.
Method 2. Flavored Tea (no milk) Based – Bubble Tea
1. Coconut Truffle Tea (Tea Forte Company)
2. 1 cup of Boiled Water
3. Sugar/honey/ agave (to taste)
4. Black Tapioca Pearls (Cooked, Large sized pearls from Asian Market)
5. Ice cubes
1. Just steep the tea bag in 1 cup of boiling water for an hour or so. It will release all the flavors. Sweeten the tea.
2. Soak tapioca pearls in cold water for 3 hours. Cook them in the boiling water and strain them.
3. Serve tapioca pearls and sweetened tea with lots of ice.