This recipe is inspired by Giada De Laurentiis’s Stuffed Peppers with Basil dressing.
I have used most of the ingredients, except few changes.
2 large bell peppers (vertically cut in half and cleaned)
1 can of Garbanzo beans (drained and washed)
1/2 can whole San Marzano tomatoes & it’s sauce (crushed)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 spring onions (chopped)
1 Persian cucumber (chopped)
1 medium carrot (peeled and chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 sprint of cilantro leaves (chopped)
1/2 cup of feta cheese (crumbled)
1/4 cup of pitted olives (sliced)
1/8 cup of raw Quinoa
1/2 cup of vegetable stock
2 teaspoons of cumin powder
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
Salt and pepper
Mint Yogurt Sauce:
2 tablespoons of sour cream
4-5 sprints of mint steams
3 tablespoons of yogurt
1/2 teaspoons of cumin powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Sauté spring onions, carrots, garlic, and cucumber in olive oil.
2. Add salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, cayenne pepper, coriander powder. Sweat all.
3. Add garbanzo beans, crushed tomatoes, cilantro leaves (optional).
4. Meanwhile in a separate pan boil vegetable stock, 1 teaspoon of cumin powder, salt and pepper. Now add quinoa. Cover and cook it. Strain the liquid.
5. Add olives, quinoa, and feta cheese in the cool garbanzo bean stuffing mixture.
6. In a bottom of a baking dish add 1/4 cup of water and the remaining strained quinoa liquid.
7. Stuff the mixture into the peppers.
8. Spray little olive oil on the peppers. Bake it at 400 for 35-40 minutes.
9. Add mozzarella cheese and bake it again for 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts.
10. Blend mint, yogurt, and sour cream with cumin, salt,