This is an eggless crepe recipe. Eggless… Crepes!! I know your reaction.
My husband and I enjoyed French Crepes a lot during each of our Canada trips to Quebec City, Montreal, and Vancouver. Since then they have become our favorite breakfast menu item. Savory or sweet we love both versions.
So recently I did some research and found this eggless recipe online. It came out really well.
1/2 cup whole milk
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (or mix 1/2 cup whole wheat flour + 1/2 cup of all purpose)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter (for making the crepe)
1. Sautéed Spinach and Mushrooms with Gruyere Cheese)
2. Sautéed Asparagus and Mushrooms with Gruyere Cheese)
3. Almond cocoa spread (Trader Joes)
4. Raspberry or Strawberry or Apricot Preserve
5. Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Nutella)
6. Whip cream and fresh berries
7. Powder sugar for snowy effect in the end.
1. Mix wet ingredients:
In a medium bowl, mix together milk, water, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
2. Mix dry ingredients:
In a small bowl, thoroughly mix flour, sugar, and salt.
3. Whisk flour mixture into milk mixture until batter is smooth.
4. Cover and rest the batter for 2 hours or more.
5. Warm a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with a small amount of butter and pour in about 2 tablespoons of crepe batter. Swirl pan to allow batter to spread out thinly. Cook until edges are crispy and golden, then flip to cook other side until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. Stuff with your favorite combination.
If making savory crepe then let the cheese melt completely.