Well in Indian chaats we call dry ‘rice crispy ‘ as ‘mumra’ or ‘murmura’. You can make bhel or poha style chatpati which means Indian style pilaf.
I replaced rice crispies with Cheerios just to make it a healthier version. It can be a perfect light snack or side dish.
10 cups of Cheerios (soften as mentioned in the note below)
1/4 cup of Wheat Germ
1/2 medium onion (diced)
1 tomato (diced)
2 small green chilies
10 sweet green curry leaves
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger (paste)
6-8 tablespoons of cilantro leaves (chopped)
4 tablespoons of ground nuts (unsalted peanuts)
1/2 lemon juice
1 tablespoon of canola oil
1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of organic sugar
Salt (according to taste)
1. Take oil. Heat it up well. Add mustard seeds until they splatter.
2. Add ground nuts or peanuts until lightly toasted and crisps up.
3. Add all ginger, chilies, onions, tomatoes, curry leaves and spices.
Sweat them until soft.
4. Add soaked Cheerios (note: soak them in runny tap water for 1/2 minute. Don’t make it mushy just soften them a little)
5. Now add wheat germ, lemon juice, and cilantro.
6. Serve hot.