This recipe is one of my no fuss recipe. Where you use fewer ingredients or can have as many ingredients you want. It has lot of variations, but I love this simple recipe.
Barilla No Boil Lasagna Noodles
28 ounces whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes (I pureed & cooked with herbs, salt & pepper and made my marinara sauce)
2 tablespoon Tomato Paste (I used Trader Joes tube form) (optional)
Veggies: Carrots, fresh or frozen baby spinach, onions, squash, Zucchini, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Olives. (chopped and cooked with garlic, tomato paste olive oil, salt & pepper)
Ricotta Cheese (add salt & pepper)
Mozzarella Cheese (fresh or shredded or combination)
Parmigiano Reggiano (shredded)
Fresh Basil & Oregano (or dried)
1. First layer should be marinara sauce since we are using no-boil lasagna noodles.
2. Second layer – No-boil lasagna noodles.
3. Third layer – Sauteed veggies with tomato paste.
4. Forth layer – Ricotta cheese
5. Fifth layer – Mozzarella
6. Sixth Layer – Chopped herbs
7. Repeat all the steps again & I added little spinach with all the herbs on top.
Cover them with tin foil & bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes. Until the pasta is cooked. Make sure you cover all the sides of the pasta with marinara sauce, to avoid uncooked sides.