This is a puff pastry rolled and sliced recipe, filled with spinach, artichokes, onions, red pepper, and feta cheese.
1 puff pastry sheet (thawed for 30 minutes)
3/4 bag of frozen spinach (thawed and squeeze all water)
1 can of artichoke hearts (liquid removed)
1/3 cup of red bell pepper (diced)
1/3 cup of feta cheese
1/4 cup of onion (diced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
salt & pepper (according to taste)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of all purpose flour (for rolling the puff pastry)
1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes
2 teaspoon of butter (melted)
1. Take olive oil, add onions and garlic. Roast them for 2 minutes until the onions are bit translucent.
2. Now add spinach, artichokes, and red bell pepper.
3. Add chili flakes, salt & pepper. (You can add garlic powder too if you want it to be little more garlicy)
4. Stir for 5 – 10 minutes.
5. Switch off the burner and let the stuffing cool down completely.
6. Its time to thaw the puff pastry and pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees. (This process will take half an hour, meanwhile the stuffing mixture will cool down completely)
7. Add feta into the stuffing. Keep it aside.
8. Take the puff pastry sheet and flatten it out with all purpose flour. I always do this on counter-top, its comparatively easy to handle to puff pastry.
9. After flattening the puff pastry sheet, distribute the stuffing on 3/4 of the puff pastry sheet.
10. Start rolling out the the puff pastry along with the stuffing. Butter the roll with some melted butter. Cut it in pieces.
11. Lay the pieces on a sprayed non-stick cookie sheet.
12. Bake them for 20-25 minutes on 400 degrees.
13. Take them out of the oven, let them cool down for 15-20 minutes.