This is one of my favorite sandwiches. Again, its easy to prepare. This recipe makes 2 sandwiches.
- 6-7 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1/4 Bell Peppers (mix colors)
- 5-6 Marinated Artichoke Hearts (store bought)
- Lettuce leaves or fresh Spinach leaves (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoon White Wine (for cooking)
- 2 tablespoon Basil Pesto
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Bread (Multi-grain or any)
- Gouda cheese (2 slices)
- Heat up a grill, put butter and olive oil. Add onions, red bell peppers, artichokes hearts, and mushrooms. Grill them till the onions become translucent. Don’t brown the veggies. Now add white wine, salt and pepper. Keep the mixture hot. It will help the cheese to melt quickly.
- Meanwhile, grill your bread will some olive oil in a flat/grill pan. First layer it with basil pesto and 1 slice of Gouda, add lettuce/spinach (optional), all the grilled veggies, again layer it with second slice of Gouda. Cover the sandwich with another slice of bread and let the cheese melt. Turn the sandwich upside down and let the other side brown up a little.
- TIPS: If you don’t have a panini grill, then create one by using a cookie baking sheet and top it with 2-3 tomato cans for some extra weight. You can use smoked Gouda. I like the original one, so I use that.